Wednesday, January 14, 2009

its been a while

so... its been FOREVER since i was last on here... this year I am going to get better at updating my blog. I really should. anywaysm the last year has been crazy busy, and gone by way too fast. lets look back at some highlights of 2008

  • I moved out!

My dad had been looking for another rental home for a few months and he wanted me and some other girls to move into it. i thought it was a great idea... so we were house shopping omgosh it was one of the biggest pains in the butt ever... we put offers on like 3 other houses and they didn't get accepted... then finally we found the house that i am in...Shawna emailed me pictures of it so I had seen it online then I was playing volleyball and my dad called me and said "you have to come look at this house!" and so I did... it was amazing, it was perfect. not too big not too small it was like the perfect size so he made an offer on it and I moved in a month later and I have now been living on my own in it for 6 months. I love it! I love having roommates, and the experiences I have here that I could not have at home with the family. It was just time.

  • I went on the price is right show

I didnt win anything but it was still go cool to be in the show... first you get up when it is still dark outside at like 330 in the morning, and you stand in line for and hour and a half to get a fake ticket, then you get to take a break and eat some breakfast etc., then you come back and wait in another line to get another fake ticket, then you wait in another line for at least an hour and get 1 more fake ticket then they finally give you the sticker with your name on it, that is your REAL ticket into the show. then you get interviewed with about 10 other people by the producers of the show and they ask you the normal ??'s where are you from? what do you do? etc. That is how they figure out who they are going to call down, then you go into the studios... its almost like you are robots you do exactly what they want you to. they tell you when to clap, they tell you when to stand up, and when to yell etc. its really fun though. Im not sure I will do it again though, it seems like one of thos e things that you have to do once.

  • I went snowboarding for the first time since I have been home

That was a blast. for Christmas I got a new snowboard. The saturday after Christmas about 15 of us from the singles ward went snowboarding, we had a lot of fun... I really like my new board, it is a lot easier to ride, its a lot smoother, it is just all around better. We are going to go again at the end of this month.

  • I am one again one of the activities co chairs

Well i am the cochair of th Dinner committe which is a type of activities committee. Every 4th friday of the month we as a ward get together and have dinner and a movie at the church a park or someones house... we have had some killer activities....I love being a part of the acitivites for the ward...it is what I do.

  • I had my one year mark of being home

That was wierd. To think that I had been home for a year, and I had my 1 1/2 year mark too, that was even mroe wierd to think that I have now been home longer than I was on my mission. It is almost like i never left... like my mission was a dream, it went by so fast... but I know it definitely was real and i had real experiences and met/taught some real people that are amazing and that I watched turn their lives around because they ound the Jesus Christ and his gospel. I know that it changes lives if people just let Him in. If they will just open their hearts and listen their lives will be changed forever... I am a whitness of that. I watched it happen many times although i did not often get to see them actually be baptized i watched them go through the process of changing their lives forever. and it changed me forever and I will never forget it or them.

  • Steve Williams Passed away

Steve was an amazing man. He was like a second father to me. He was a co-worker of mine and just like family. he always told me and his wife that we were Kindred spirits... He wrote me at least a dozen time while I was on my mission... I felt his love for me no matter what... He always teased me about boys... He told my "NO BOYS TIL YOURE DONE WITH SCHOOL, AND THEN I WANT TO CHECK THEIR FINANCIAL RECORDS!" He always knew how to make me smile. He really was amazing, and his family is amazing... I know he is in the spirit world just making everyone laugh and smile and be happy. That is what he did, but we sure do miss him here. He went in for an angioplasty and didnt come out. it was devistating but I know htat he is in good hands. he was never a member of the church but i really hope that someday he will and his familywill be come members of the Church of Jesus Christ... That they might have hope, and the knowledge that they will see him again.

I am so blessed to have the Gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. I know that Christ lives and that he knows us, i know he loves me and you and everyone that ever has and ever will live on this earth. i know that he died for all of us that we might have the hope of returning to our Heavenly Father amd gain eternal life if we repent and are baptized and live worthily of our Savior Jesus Christ. I know that Joseph Smith saw God The Father and his son Jesus Christ in Palmyra NY, i have walked every foot of the Grove where that sacred event took place.

All in all 2008 was a great year. and I hope 2009 is even better.

I hope I will be a better blogger... hopefully life doesn't get in the way.

Well, im not sure what else happened this last year but... I know a lot did. I gained a lot of new friends and became closer with old ones.

2 comments:

meghan said...

Yay!! I'm so glad you're going to update this now :) And I'm so happy that 2008 was a good year for you. I can't wait to be part of your 2009!

Pamela Williams said...

when does it air? your wards activites rock, kudos to you co-chair

whered you serve your mission? i just got access to my papers to fill out online...im stoked!